About Me

My photo
Morton, IL, United States
one year. 365 days. 365 photos. 365 memories.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

thirty days!

this was an extraordinary day!

we explored edinburgh, scotland!  one of the COOLEST cities I've ever been to...and like my blog featuring edinburgh said before, so many layers!

but this day we got to really explore the most fascinating parts of the city.  we went to the castle, which was phenomenal and historical and brilliant.  and I also went on a personal endeavor as katie is very claustrophobic and somewhat tall.

there was a tower in the middle of the city dedicated to sir walter scott.  it was gothic and creepy and awesome.  and inside it there was an extremely tiny and twisty, spiral staircase.  now, I've climbed 600 stairs up to the top of st. peter's basilica in rome...this was another story.  this was made for four year old children.  it was SO cramped and tiny.  even if it was a measly 200 stairs, it seemed like an eternity to get up there.

but at the bottom there was a statue of the man himself.  and the tower rose around him.  it was kind of morbid, actually.  but I loved it.  and I love pictures that aren't exactly perfect, off-center, different perspective.  so this is probably the first in the trip album of 365 that is being posted for its artistic nature, and not the fact that its gorgeous scenery or something.

I like that just looking at it you can't tell where it's at or what it is.

behind the scenes.






































I like it.  I have some weird fascination with the back of statues ever since I saw "the david".  mind the perverse comments, please.  it's ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment