About Me

My photo
Morton, IL, United States
one year. 365 days. 365 photos. 365 memories.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2.9.

and we continue...

this is gonna seem excessive posting all this, but I was in another country(ies) people!  and I was enjoying myself and did NOT feel like taking a timeout to blog...so I edited my butt off...so they would be ready for blogging.

day twenty-nine was my favorite.  the entire trip.

as they say in moulin rouge..."spectacular! spectacular!"

we got on the steam train in fort william.  and by steam train, I mean the steam train that they used in filming scenes on the train in harry potter.  and not only that, but the train journey itself was used in the movie.  you know that part in "chamber of secrets" when harry and ron are in the flying ford anglia?  yeah, I was there.

forget the nerdiness of it all...it was, without a doubt, the most STUNNING scenery I have ever seen in my life.  I cried just looking at it.  anytime we were driving, training, or whatever in the highlands...it was breathtaking.

this picture doesn't capture it at all.  I'm sorry, but I'm not THAT good.  God is, though.  really good.  cause I was baffled at the beauty.  hopefully, this gives you a taste, and you'll crave to get a little bite yourself and visit the scottish highlands.  seriously, GO.  drop everything.

beyond measure.



























YEAH.

the caption came to mind from a verse.  this is what I was feeling for God that day:

ephesians 3:20-21 "now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! amen."

most of my pictures had a glare from the window that I had to edit around...until I figured out that there was a tiny window at the top that you could open to the world...so on the way back I got much clearer pictures.

we stopped in a little fishing village called mallaig, scotland at the end of the steam train...I was able to get some good runner-ups!  it was perfect weather.  just a wonderful day that I'll never ever forget.

2 comments:

  1. Obsessed with this one. I think it would go perfectly with the colors in my room and it is gorgeous. So pretty! Jealous of that camera quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. i would blow this up and frame it. fo' sho'.

    ReplyDelete